Sunday, December 16, 2007

Finally, I can sleep!

I was so tired of Brecon still not sleeping through the night so I decided to do it. I was going to try the Ferber method and let him cry it out. I was terrified to do it, but I was waking up 2-3 times in the night feeding him and I was sick of not having any sleep. Well, last week on the first night I tried it he woke up about four times and each time I just went in there and gave him his paci and he fell right back asleep. No major crying. The next night he woke up twice. The third night only once and the one after none at all. Here I was thinking that every time he woke up that I needed to feed him, plus feeding him put him back to sleep easier and I felt he would sleep longer once I fed him and I was so tired in the night that I thought he would keep waking up often to eat so I would just give in and feed him. Come to find out that he didn't even need it and he is doing just fine! What was I thinking going six months with the torture of no sleep and hating my baby in the middle of the night! I'm just glad I finally did it and that I feel like I have more freedom (and sleep of course).

12 comments:

Alifinale said...

YAY! I am glad that he is figuring out to sleep and that you are getting your sanity back. No wonder he has those cute chubby thighs! I love that cute boy's smile - it would be hard to resist him even in the middle of the night.

The Larsen's said...

k your kids are darling!!! I cant wait to meet them! I havent seen Ava since she was first born!! Cute Family!

The Foisy's said...

I'm so excited to be able to see you guys!! Those pictures are beautiful. Your kids look darling and you look beautiful. I miss ya. I wish you weren't so far away. Let me know when you're coming this way. I really want to catch up!

Kat said...

K I love it! I am so glad that you started one so I can see your cute family all the time! I can't believe that Brecon is already 6 months old, time flys! And way cute Christmas card.=)

A said...

lol... i let ellie cry it out at 3 months! i couldn't handle it anymore and she is the BEST sleeper ever! i put her down at bed time and she doesn't even wake up if she is sick. if i go to check on her and she wakes up she'll just look at me and go back to sleep. she loves her bed! good job. i bet you are so happy to have that behind you.
your kids are so stinkin cute! I can not believe how long ava's hair is!i need to change my blog to our family rather that just ellie narrating it...
im glad we can keep in touch this way it's much more fun than email!

Chante said...

Ashlee I should have chatted with you then and maybe I would have had the confidence to do it at 3 months. Oh well, I love having a little chubby guy!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting us know you guys have a blog!!! JK It looks awesome. What is your address? we haven't sent Xmas cards out yet!. you can e-mail it to me instead of posting it on the blog if you want. Briant knows my e-mail.

A said...

what would be so funny about seeing me handle ellie throwing fits... :)!! just kidding...
some days i can handle them and other days im the worst mom and get so bugged!
i sooo wish i was in AZ right now!
are you coming home for christmas to your moms?

Brooke said...

Chante! I saw your blog from lindsays! You look adorable as usual! What a cute family! How fun that you live by linz! It's nice catchin up on what's new with you! Keep in touch!

Brooke

McCall said...

chante - i am so glad you have started a blog, and it sounds like you are going to try keep up on it! it is so fun, and a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. your little boy is so cute, i love the name too. how are things in AZ? next time we are down there, who knows when... we need to get a big group of the randalls together! take care.

A said...

well, we should all try to go sledding or out to lunch with the kids if you are not too crazy! yes, the weather sucks!!! i am dying! im here till the 28th, so seriously i would love to see you!

A said...

lets do the 24th in the morning. maybe brunch or something. i'll see if kathryn and jamie can too.