Monday, July 21, 2008

Getting older!

Yes today is my birthday! Nothing really eventful happened. I had a child who was testing me all day long and driving me crazy! She likes to hit Brec repeatedly on the head and then knocks him over if he is bugging her. I stuck her in timeout a few times and she screamed her lungs off, not crying but yelling at me asking to get her out and I am trying to tell her to be quiet or else she will never come out so I then proceed to find a door with a lock and there is not one inside the house to lock her in a room so I find Brec's gate to try to keep her in a room and of course she climbs over it! Then with all of Ava's screaming Brec starts crying and I have two kids that are driving me crazy and all I have is like 5 more minutes of work to do on my computer and I just wanted to get it done! Anyways, she can be an angel sometimes, but when she isn't she can be one awful child. The rest of the day was a normal day. I grabbed lunch with my hubby and kids at Paradise Bakery and then tonight we had a babysitter and went to dinner with my hubby and in laws. Dinner was great and nice to be away from the kiddos. I have to say that birthday's aren't that exciting anymore. I remember being pampered when I was a kid and it was like a whole day thing with a big party and a ton of presents. I am not expecting any presents or anything I am just saying that things were so much easier when I was younger and I would get excited by the littlest things. I think I get more excited about my kids birthdays than my own just since we love them so much and love seeing them happy!

Ava took this pic. I was letting her practice so it is definitely crooked!

Here we are acting silly!

Ava wanted to show off her new bed. She calls it a castle. She definitely looks like a princess when she is sleeping under that thing.

12 comments:

Chet and Kristin said...

Happy Birthday Chante... We will miss you being just up the street!

chel wakley said...

I thought about you all day yesterday and I don't have your phone number to text you, but I hope you had the best birthday ever.

chel wakley said...

p.s. thanks for finally posting your hair. It looks great.

A said...

Happy Birthday! Your new place looks so nice and you look gorgeous as always! Ava's new bed is so cute. Where did you find her bedding!?

Alifinale said...

Happy Birthday! Sorry Ava was being a pain - didn't she know that she has to be an angel on your birthday? Wish I could have been there to help celebrate or take the kids or something! Glad you got to go out at least.

MiCheLLe HeidEmaN said...

happy late bday:-) you look great! kids are so much work sometimes. you look like you handle it all very well:-)

A said...

Yes, I remember Delias.. that is funny. I'll have to check it out. I doubt I would even fit in their clothes any more!

Mik'L said...

Happy Birthday Chante! You look as beautiful as ever and I'm loving the cute little bed!

The Foisy's said...

Hey, I hope you got my text that day. I know how you feel about the birthday thing. It's no fun anymore. Hey you house is looking great and I love Ava's bed!

The Dabo's said...

Happy Birthday!!! You have a late birthday. Anyways I agree, I live through my kids birthdays now.

amy said...

Happy Birthday Chante!! Sounds like it was a great one. Ava's bed is so cute. She looks like quite the princess!

Kat said...

Your new place looks darling and so do you! Ava looks so cute all decked out for dance. Mia starts on Tuesday and I can't wait!