Tuesday, August 25, 2009

We are pacifier free!!!!

Last Saturday I was gone to a baby shower and my hubby had to put Brec down for his nap. He said he couldn't find his pacifier so he put him down without one and that he cried for a second but did fine. So, I decided it was a great time to get rid of them since he has been biting through every one of them and possibly causing a choking hazard. So, that night I cut one of his pacifier's and gave it to him and told him it was broken. I did the same thing with Ava and she liked to sleep with the broken paci in her hand at night and was fine until they eventually got lost. Anyways, with Brec I handed it to him and he stuck it in his mouth and then pulled it out and handed it back to me and did not even want it. I put him to bed and there was no crying! He has been fine ever since! How easy was that! He does have his little blanky's at night and his "meow meow" to sleep with so I am glad he has something to reassure him at night. I think that helped. Anyways, no more paci and we are doing good!

8 comments:

The McGraths said...

I loath all our binki's!!! So jealous that you are done with them. I think it's about time to rid them with Jason but the problem is Lucie still needs them and Jason is a binki theif! So not sure what we'll do. Congratulations!

The Dabo's said...

Wow that was easy! Happy 7 years, you guys were getting a little frisky on temple grounds.

Kristy Martin said...

I've been contemplating this ever thing a lot lately! I keep saying, next week, next week, etc. It's great to hear that it went so well with you! I've have one hard kid and two easy kids, so we'll see how this one goes!

Chante said...

As for the temple ground PDA, the photographer told my hubby to do that.....I thought it was funny...

Krystal said...

I am not looking forward to taking KJ's away. How nice for you to have it be so easy. Trey was the same way. Good job on doing it! Happy 7 years!!! I loved all the funny stuff you wrote about being old and yelling at each other. So funny!

OUR WILD ZOO! said...

Okay I think it's so funny how we, as moms, evaluate and contemplate every new change and direction with our kids. And the dads...they're kinda like-whatever :) How awesome to have Brec just toss 'em like that. I WISH I could get Brayden to take one. I still haven't given up though. it would be great to "put a plug in it" during all his screaming. ha!

So great to see you today :)

Alifinale said...

Way to go Brec! I love that it was that easy.

The Foisy's said...

congrats on losing the paci!! Avery never did take one but she has to have her "Mr. Bear" every night too. If he's not in her crib, she starts saying Grrr, Grrr, and crying. It's kind of funny. Congrats on 7 years too. Wow, time flies.