Friday, January 15, 2010

Happy New Year's!!!






The day after New Year's we decided to hit a parade to celebrate! We had B's dad and stepmom in town to play with us! It was really HOT the day of the parade...crazy here in January!

We also have been cleaning and clearing and reorganizing things for this new babe of ours coming in March....can't wait........

I am now starting to see my doc every two weeks. Hopefully things will go quick......I totally rolled my foot last week before church wearing heals and could barely walk. The next day I even thought I needed crutches because my whole foot was swollen and black and blue. It has gotten better every day now and the limping is going away......can't believe I did that.....so painful.

And.....I just got my kids dental appointments finally taken care of! Wait to go New Year! Ava has never seen the dentist.....my dad would be ashamed......but she had perfect teeth! No plaque and she sat in the chair so well. The only thing she hated was the suction, which I thought was funny so she just wanted to keep spitting in a cup. Brec on the other hand didn't do so well all because of the doc. Seriously, I am blaming the doc! Ava was first in the chair and when it came time for Brec she told me to just lay him back on my lap (the lap that I don't have) but he felt unstable and hated trying to lay back because he felt like he was going to fall off. I told the doc he would do much better in the chair, but she insisted he stay there and for me to hold down his hands. He was bawling so I told the doc that he would do much better in the chair again and that he likes to imitate everything his sister does. So she sort of rolled her eyes and sat back and said okay go ahead as if I was wrong and she was right. Well, he was already traumatized from the experience and didn't want to let go of me at that point so of course he wasn't going in the chair and if she would have listened to me the first time and let him sit in the chair like a big boy then he would have had a normal exam. Anyways, I layed him back again on my lap and watched him scream for a second before the doc gave up and didn't even really check his teeth and just told me that he had some plaque on his teeth and that was it, but she wasn't able to check....whatever....what a great dentist you are! I then went to my car and asked Brec to open his mouth and he totally cooperated and let me poke at his teeth just fine. So, I am not counting that as a real first dental appointment for him since the doc didn't do anything. Can you tell I am still a little pissed off from the experience! Anyways, we will find a new doc the next time we go!

As for the New Year, I haven't really made any resolutions. I never really do because I never go back and look at them after I make them. Hopefully my life won't be too crazy this year raising three kids, Ava starting Kindergarten in the Fall, etc., but I know adding one more to the family will make my life more hectic and I am sort of up for the challenge.....I have no choice. Let's just hope this year will be better than last and that things will go up from here!!! Happy Late New Year!

4 comments:

The Foisy's said...

I know how you feel about it being super warm. We are warm here too. In fact, Aves only wore her coat once so far this winter. Ugh... I feel a little cheated I guess. I'm just not ready for the heat again! Sorry the whole dental thing was crappy for you. Was she a pediatric dentist? Erik says he'll probably just send the kids off to a pediatric dentist cause they are hard to work with and if you don't have the patience, then you have no business doing it. lol that's him saying he doesn't have the patience. Can't wait to see your babe soon!!!! cross your fingers that I will get knocked up soon!

kristin said...

it is freezing today and i hesitated to check your blog because you always look so warm and sunny- and yes you did again!! Happy new Year and you look adorable!!

The Dabo's said...

It's so crazy to see you guys in shorts and t's. Must be nice! You look cute prego lady!

OUR WILD ZOO! said...

I just did the dentist thing too- good to get it over with. Can't believe that about poor Brec, geesh don't you love the eye rolling? So frustrating.

I know 2010 is going to be a GREAT year for you and your family. I am so excited for this baby coming! I bought a new photography prop today with him in mind. Can't wait to show you! I really do think you're the cutest prego girl ever- even if you feel big.

Hope Ava likes her new Vday ensemble, sorry I didn't get a chance to say hey this week-Brayden was crying in the car :(