Cole Richens Howard
Born March 9, 2010 @ 5:01 a.m.
7 lbs 2 oz, 20 inches














We are so in love with our sweet little guy who is just perfect! I bet you all want to hear about his birth story so I will tell.......
I started to have contractions at 2:00 a.m. that woke me up, and I have never woken in the night from contractions, so I was a little alarmed. I started to time them and they were about four minutes apart. I still wasn't sure so I got up to see if anything changed, but they were still about four minutes apart so I decided to wake Briant up around 2:20. He was totally disoriented and said some jibberish and to let him know and he fell back asleep! I then waited another ten minutes and told him that we needed to go and to call his mom. So he got up right away and called his mom and we got busy packing...totally unprepared! B's mom showed up around 3:00 and we made it to the hospital in about 20 minutes...by this time I was having contractions every two minutes and they were very painful!!! I was so scared I wasn't going to be able to get the epidural again and have to go natural! I had to go to the registration desk and the lady was taking forever and then finally they took me back to triage and left me there....I was still so scared and told Briant to go and tell the nurse that I go really fast and that they needed to check me. They came in right away and I was at a 6 thank goodness, still time for an epidural. So, with what seemed like forever I finally got my IV and then got my epidural and I was finally relaxed and in heaven that I was not going to experience another traumatic birth. The doc checked me right after the epidural and I was at an 8 and he broke my water and said we would be having the baby in about 5 to 10 minutes. He then came in and said for me to push just a little and the head was seriously out and then one more little small push and the baby was out.....soooo easy! They layed him on me for a while and it was so amazing! After they weighed him and wiped him down a bit they gave him back to me for what seemed like forever. It was so great to have that bonding experience and not have him taken away from me for a while doing a billion tests.
So far, he is doing great! He is the best nurser in the world and latched on right away and has not had problems since......that has always been the hardest part for me and I was totally not looking forward to breast feeding this time, but he is making it so easy!
He has the sweetest cry and has been an angel so far. We just got home this morning so we will see tonight what our first night will be like, but so far he has shown signs of being a great sleeper. We love him so much and are so happy he is now part of our family!
I started to have contractions at 2:00 a.m. that woke me up, and I have never woken in the night from contractions, so I was a little alarmed. I started to time them and they were about four minutes apart. I still wasn't sure so I got up to see if anything changed, but they were still about four minutes apart so I decided to wake Briant up around 2:20. He was totally disoriented and said some jibberish and to let him know and he fell back asleep! I then waited another ten minutes and told him that we needed to go and to call his mom. So he got up right away and called his mom and we got busy packing...totally unprepared! B's mom showed up around 3:00 and we made it to the hospital in about 20 minutes...by this time I was having contractions every two minutes and they were very painful!!! I was so scared I wasn't going to be able to get the epidural again and have to go natural! I had to go to the registration desk and the lady was taking forever and then finally they took me back to triage and left me there....I was still so scared and told Briant to go and tell the nurse that I go really fast and that they needed to check me. They came in right away and I was at a 6 thank goodness, still time for an epidural. So, with what seemed like forever I finally got my IV and then got my epidural and I was finally relaxed and in heaven that I was not going to experience another traumatic birth. The doc checked me right after the epidural and I was at an 8 and he broke my water and said we would be having the baby in about 5 to 10 minutes. He then came in and said for me to push just a little and the head was seriously out and then one more little small push and the baby was out.....soooo easy! They layed him on me for a while and it was so amazing! After they weighed him and wiped him down a bit they gave him back to me for what seemed like forever. It was so great to have that bonding experience and not have him taken away from me for a while doing a billion tests.
So far, he is doing great! He is the best nurser in the world and latched on right away and has not had problems since......that has always been the hardest part for me and I was totally not looking forward to breast feeding this time, but he is making it so easy!
He has the sweetest cry and has been an angel so far. We just got home this morning so we will see tonight what our first night will be like, but so far he has shown signs of being a great sleeper. We love him so much and are so happy he is now part of our family!




16 comments:
Oh I just love him! How precious! I can't wait to meet him and hold him. Cute cute pics. Ava and Brecon look so excited to have their new brother. You are now a mother of 3...can you believe it? Congrats!
I forgot to mention....nice perfect model pics of you and Cole in the hospital...who looks that good after giving birth? You I guess. So cute!
Yay again! What an awesome story! I am relieved for you that it wasn't all quick and traumatic like last time. Instead, it was quick and wonderful! Just seeing him makes me baby hungry! I want to snuggle him. Congrats! Love his middle name!(after your dad)
Congratulations. Beautiful baby and beautiful mama!
What a great birth experience!! Congrats to you and your family...what a wonderful blessing.
yay i am so excited. i can't wait til mine gets here. and i am glad the delivery went smooth, mine was terrible with gavin so i know exactly how traumatic it can be. He is so freakin cute and perfect!! congrats on the newest addition!
YEAH!!!!! He is Beautiful! So handsome!
Congrats Chante! He is so darn cute & I'm sure he looks cuter after such an easy delivery. lucky girl!!!
Can't wait to see him!
Congratulations, Chante and family!! I had to see some pictures and he is one gorgeous baby (of course!). I'm so happy for you and when you're ready for his newborn photo shoot, give me a call =)
His birth sounded great and I'm so thankful he's a champion nurser too-makes all the difference.
Congrats! He is such a cutie! Glad you got your epidural! :)
Congrats he is soo cute.
I love him. I am dying to hold him. I am so happy that the labor/delivery went so smoothly and that he is a good baby. I think he looks like Brecon but I am not sure. For sure he looks like one of your kids and matches the rest. I love love love the pictures.
Oh, I am so excited. I wish I was there but maybe I will be real soon!
I was nervous reading it that you weren't going to get your epidural in time again! You do go fast holy crap! So glad that it was easy and smooth and you are all doing so good. He is darling! Congrats again!
Yeah, congrats, he looks so much like your son, totally handsome...good job on labor and giving birth :)
congrats, he is so cute!! He even made me baby hungry and that is pretty hard to do!! He is beautiful!!
Congrats!!!! He is a doll. I just look at him and can't get over his cuteness. Seeing these little ones really makes it worth all the pain, sickness, getting fat and doing the prego thing. Good job! He sounds perfect and a I'm so glad he is a good boy for you. Have tons of fun with him. It's always nice when it works out easy!
Post a Comment