Yes, that is blood on my shorts!!! Let me explain. Yesterday was the last day of swimming lessons for my kids and I wanted to be early/ontime. So, I quickly threw on my shorts....which sometimes I usually shake a little just in case of scorpions because we have found a few in our bedroom over the past year. Anyways, I put them on and then immediately felt a sharp sting and I knew!!! I just knew! (I have the chills just thinking about it!) So, I immediately grabbed at the area where the sting was in hopes that I was squeezing and grabbing the scorpion that was in my shorts. I was shaking and screaming and didn't want to let go of my shorts in case I did have a hold of the scorpion in the fold.....so I finally was brave enough to release one hand to try to unbutton my shorts and slowly pull them down. I immediately let go of my grasp and there was no scorpion. I didn't have it!!! So, I told the kids to hurry and get out of my bedroom because there was a scorpion somewhere. I then lifted the shorts again and there the scorpion was squirming around....I must have squished it a little when I went to grab at the area where it stung me. Anyways, the blood on the shorts is from me in panic grabbing at the area when it stung me and I sliced open my thumb from my nail in the process of grabbing. Blood was everywhere on my finger, and at the time I had no idea how I got blood on me and how I got cut..I was seriously thinking the scorpion got me from its pinchers, but that is impossible. So, after all that, I looked at my leg and had 4 sting marks!!! One big one and 3 small ones. It was the worst pain I had ever experienced.....besides child birth. It felt like needles were pricking into me and I felt movement underneath the area as if something was crawling underneath my skin. This lasted ALL DAY yesterday. The only thing that sort of made it feel a little better was ice. Then, I started sneezing a little and my nose was really itchy. Next, I started to get really dizzy and couldn't focus on anything. My eyes were just jumping around and then I noticed my hands and feet were all tingly and numb and drinking water was awful, because the water tasted like salt water and my tongue and throat were numb. So, last night I was still in a lot of pain and had a hard time sleeping, but by morning it has gotten significantly better. My hands currently are still tingly and numb, my knee is numb, and my eyes are still jumping around and it is hard to focus, but I think I am getting better!!! This was my first scorpion sting/venomous sting ever. I have never been stung by a bee or wasp or anything! So, I think my body reacted pretty badly to the venom! Now, I am even more freaked out by these little creatures because I don't want my kids to experience the awful pain I felt. And, if one ever stung Cole, he could die! So, yes, I am enjoying Arizona very much, and bring on the spiders from Utah because they are nothing compared to scorpions!!!
Christmas and Long Visit from A and F
4 months ago




8 comments:
Oh I would die! Seriously freak me out! I too have never been stung by anything so I would probably react in the same way. Can they spray for scorpians? Maybe you should have the foundation sprayed. YUCK! Feel better!!!
Holy crap Chante! I was freaking out reading your post! That's really horrid! I'll gladly stay here in Utah just to avoid those little monsters. Ewww....I'm glad you're on the mend.
K no freakin way Chante!!! Ah I would freak! And I am sorry the pain was so bad, that sounds BRUTAL!!!
Reminds me of having to deal with centipedes in Hawaii, I've never been bit, but they are huge, and I heard they are like ten times worse then a bee sting, and they are everywhere, we find one in the house, yard, or somewhere at least once a week, I hate bugs...Glad your okay, I thought you would have to go to the hospital for something like that?
Oh no!!!! That is awful. I am so sorry that happened to you. I think I may have nightmares for you. Glad you are feeling better.
That is crazy!! I hate the spiders here, but scorpions on a regular basis would freak me out!! I can't believe how you reacted to the sting. that is crazy. i hope your doing better!!
Okay, I've avoided reading this post for a week now because of its title. I hate scorpions because they scare me to death too! But I've never been stung by one, and now I know for sure I never ever want to be. I'm so sorry that happened to you! Hopefully you're all better now...are you?
So this is late, but wholly crap that just freaks me out! Before I was married, Dusty and I lived in a huge house with like 7 other roommates and our room was infested with scorpions. We couldn't get rid of them and we couldn't handle it so we moved! Aah I just can't even believe you got stung! I have yet to see one in Vegas and I really hope it stays that way!
Post a Comment