First of all, the potty training thing has been going well. After a week of hell, we finally got a big truck and toys for Brec as his incentive to go poop in the potty, and he tried and tried on that potty to get that truck and kept sitting on the potty, but no poop..... a lot of pee, which was awesome because he was getting used to that and we weren't having any accidents there. Until finally, he pooped in the potty this last Saturday and then at church he pooped in the potty again and since then he has maybe had one or two poop mishaps, but other than that has been doing well. He goes regularly all by himself. Wow, I thought this would take a lot longer for him to get since it took Ava FOREVER...Yes, when we go somewhere he sort of has troubles remembering, but all in all he is doing really well!!! Thanks for the advice everyone.
Secondly, Cole is almost five months old and he still has been waking up in the night every 3 hours, sometimes 4, depending on the night. So, I have been anxious for him to sleep through the night, but dreading the moment where I would have to let him cry it out. I HATE that. It is pure torture to hear your baby cry. So, last night I was trying to prepare myself to attempt to let him cry it out because the night before he only woke up once at 2:00 am and I thought that was an awesome night and it shouldn't be too bad for him to go without a little snack in the night the next night. So, he woke up around 1:30 last night and I just put his pacifier in his mouth and was expecting him to wiggle more than he did and spit the thing out and cry his little eyes out, but he didn't!!! I think he woke up just a couple more times, but I just stuck that pacifier back in his mouth each time and he did fine!!! He slept until 7:00 am without a feeding in the night! I, however, was wide awake throughout the night expecting him to scream and cry at any moment. Anyways, I am thrilled things are going so well with my two little guys in the house!

Christmas and Long Visit from A and F
4 months ago




3 comments:
YAY! Both things are oh so very exciting. Only a mother knows just how happy that is. Congrats.
So good!! I have been trying to figure out how you even begin with boys. Cam keeps saying he wants big boy pants, but he is only 2-barely- it seems early- the whole idea freaks me out!!
Yay for going poop in the potty and sleeping well at night! Seriously, you are such a good mom and from the sounds of it, you have some patience! I'm hoping mine grows with each kid!Lol. Congrats on conquering some serious milestones!
Post a Comment