Friday, July 8, 2011

Happy 4th!!

We decided to go to Mesa's downtown fourth of July celebration. They actually celebrated it on Saturday the 2nd which worked great for our schedule.



It was HOT.....like 113 degrees hot, so they had these big machines blasting cold air and mist. The kids loved them....
Cole didn't love them as much....too much air going in the face....


Ava's face says it all here.....



Ha ha, my kids are like, seriously, another picture? And Cole took one look at the strangers and then screamed....

Liberty bell!!


Fireworks!!! We had the perfect spot with easy access to get out to avoid traffic when the fireworks were done. The kids loved sitting on top of the car....





Cole loved them and probably wondered what the heck was going on....



Did I mention that it was hot?? Yep, the kids had rosy cheeks the whole night...

Monday the 4th we went swimming during the day...(that's about all you can do in AZ....no parade's here)


Then we went to a little 4th of July BBQ with fun friends.


We roasted marshmallows and made s'mores..





Did a little swimming in between....


Sparkler time.....


Cole had seriously just about grabbed it...


Fresh out of the water...



I would prefer celebrating the 4th in cooler weather, although last year when we were in Utah the weather was strange and I remember having to wear a down coat at night because it was so cold....But, the fun festivities that Utah offers during the day is hard to miss. We did have a fun 4th this year, though, and were glad we did lots of swimming!

2 comments:

The Dabo's said...

K Drew has Brec's swim shorts too. Haha. I can't believe how hot it is there. I think it's 75 here today. Sorry to rub it in but I have to make myself feel better before the snow returns.

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

Born and raised in Mesa and we have never been to or even heard of that downtown festivity on the 4th of July, go figure!! It looked like such a great time! Your kids are beautiful Chantel, and getting so big my goodness.
We all need to get together sometime. We miss seeing you guys! Tell everyone hi.
xoxo