Thursday, January 10, 2008

Santa is coming tomorrow!

So Ava tells me today, "Santa is coming tomorrow, ok?" I tell her not until next year and her cute little 3 year old voice saying "next year" is the cutest thing. She still is confused about the whole Santa thing. She doesn't get that he comes only once a year and she was so sad when I took down the Christmas tree this last week. She asked me the next morning after I took down the Christmas tree where Christmas was. She thinks the tree was Christmas. Someone also asked her the other day if Santa came and she said, "no." We had to explain to her once again that Santa did come and she didn't see him because she was asleep when he left presents for us. It's funny because whenever we would go to a store Ava would find toys, books, etc. and want to take them home and I would tell her that maybe Santa will get them for her. Now I am telling her that maybe she will get them for her birthday (which is not until October). Hey, whatever works to pry her away from something, right! Anyways, I know next year will be different and she will be very excited and will for sure get the concept of Christmas.

6 comments:

Alifinale said...

I love that the tree represented Christmas. She is so funny! I miss her.

And your blog looks so cute, btw.

Kat said...

That is so funny! The things that kids put together is great. I love your background, where do you get yours from?

Brooke said...

I can't wait until Boston can be excited for things. I think it's adorable how their little minds work!

Cameron Family said...

Kids say the cutest little things. She is a cutie, and will be even more excited for Santa next year.

amy said...

Kids are funny! I guess if she still thinks Santa is coming any day, you can hold it over her head that she has to be good because he is watching :) I love that time of year when I can say that to Rylee.

MiCheLLe HeidEmaN said...

your little family is so cute.. i have been lookin at everyones pages for awhile but didn't know how to do one! ha so now i am jsut going to practice... you look like you are doing well and your kids are beautiful. we are excited for another boy, but scared to have two kids! talk to ya soon