Monday, February 18, 2008

Pooping, etc.

So I have been changing the background of my blog like a millions times these past few days because I am just not satisfied with what I have found......so don't think I'm crazy if you keep seeing different backgrounds. I eventually will find something that I like. Anyways, on a different note, Ava is finally potty trained! I have been trying to get her to go for like a year! I am pretty pathetic. We've been doing it off and on for a year and not enforcing it. We would occasionally encourage her to put on panties and go in the potty, but we had accidents all the time and it was useless. I finally put it off because we had been moving so much and having a new baby and all was just too hard for me. So, lately we have been working with her and I let her run around naked all the time. Only because when she had panties on she would forget easier and pee and poop on them. Without them on she was afraid to just let poop fall to the ground and pee would go all over her leg. (I think I am giving out too much info and detail!) Oh well! Anyways, this last week she finally mastered pooping in the potty.......which was huge! She was afraid of that big step. So now she wears her cute little undies and pulls them down whenever she needs to go! It's funny because I watch Jon and Kate plus 8 on TLC and when she was teaching her kids how to potty train she would take a picture of them with their poop! Who wants a picture of their poop when they get bigger. I understand getting a pic of them being so proud without the poop in the picture, but a picture of the poop too! People are weird! Anyways, yeah for me for not having to change a big human poop anymore! (as opposed to little human poops, those are much easier!)

9 comments:

chel wakley said...

Thanks for all the details.. ha ha you are hilarious..

The Dabo's said...

I can't believe she wasn't potty trained yet. Your crazy! Anyways it took forever with Olivia too. But she was barely 2 when I started which was probably a little too young. I am praying Drew will be easier. I have that to look forward to later this year.

Kat said...

Yeah for AVA! I am not looking forward to this time at all! Mia has been ready for a long time and it is me that keeps putting it off, now with the baby almost here I am not about to attempt it. She pee's in the toilet now but nothing consistantly. That is a huge step for you guys, nice work!

The Foisy's said...

You are so funny!! I love it. I seriously don't look forward to that. Yay for her though. Big poops are gross. So lucky you that you just get the little poopies now! Those pics of Brecon are so dang cute! I'm just waiting for Avery to be able to sit up on her own so that i can do some fun ones!!

Alifinale said...

Yay for Ava and yay for not having to change giant poos! I love the details so I know what fun I have to look forward to. Ava is such a big girl!

A said...

Hooray! That is so EXCITING! You crack me up talking about the human poops... sick! I remember when Ellie had the first "human solid poop" when she started on solids... and they keep getting groser and groser... lol! That is really a great accomplishment for both of you! Congrats :)

A said...

Hooray! That is so EXCITING! You crack me up talking about the human poops... sick! I remember when Ellie had the first "human solid poop" when she started on solids... and they keep getting groser and groser... lol! That is really a great accomplishment for both of you! Congrats :)

MiCheLLe HeidEmaN said...

oh how nice would that be.. i haven't even started with gavin, he is so not interested! and i totally saw that jon and kate and i was dying when she took those picures! ha well congrats to you and ava!

amy said...

Hooray to you that you only have 1 kid in diapers and good job to Ava for doing it! I am right there with you on changing kid poop-grody! And I haven't changed a baby diaper in so long those kinda gross me out too.