Friday, March 28, 2008

Doc appts

Ava and Brecon had their doctor's appts today and let me tell you I will never do it again without someone coming with me or leaving one child home. I had Brecon in my arms and here they tell me that I have to fill out all this paperwork since I haven't been in this particular office. So, I am juggling Brecon who was constantly trying to grab my pen and then they call me up and tell me that my insurance doesn't cover immunizations. I was stressed as it was with trying to fill all this paperwork out juggling this child and I then had to worry about my insurance! I knew that they were wrong so I called my insurance company and they told me that they covered 100%. So, I don't know what the receptionist was smoking....maybe they wanted my money or something......j/k. Anyways, we finally got back to see the doc and he was really nice and very informative. The only thing was that Ava did not want to cooperate. She would not let him check her ears. I had to put Brec on the floor to help hold down her arms while she screamed and it still wasn't successful so he had me put her on the table and in the process Brec starts screaming crying on the floor so I tried to put Brec on the table with us while holding Ava's arms down and my body draped over her legs WHILE making sure Brecon does not fall off the table. The doc successfully was able to check her ears and the screaming was over UNTIL Brec got his shots. It was harder on me and I was so sad and irritated and exhausted from the whole event. Never again!!!! Thank goodness Brec didn't take his usually 30 min nap in the afternoon and took an hour nap which was just enough time to take a little snooze myself! A much needed one!

4 comments:

Alifinale said...

That is a nightmare. I am so sorry. Emery hates the Dr. so much anyway, I can't imagine having to deal with 2 screaming kids.

A said...

Oh my! Days like that I am sure you want to just scream your head off...Isn't being a mommy so wonderful :) NO really, we are so lucky to be mom's but some days I have to question if I really signed up for this...It would be much easier to come down here as a dog who gets to eat and sleep all day long and still go to heaven... cuz all dogs go to heaven... right? lol
you are a good ma ma

amy said...

I do not like days like you had! I am glad it is over for you and I think since you have done your time it will be awhile before you have another day like that one!

Kat said...

I can't believe that you actually get out and wash your car, our is lucky if it get run through a drive through every 6 months! Aren't doctors appointments so much fun?! Mia starts crying the second we even pull into the parking lot already knowing what is coming! Can't wait until I get to do it with both my girls. I'm sorry! Even though I would have loved to see how you accomplished all of that together.=)