Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Ava's dance recital





Ava had a dance recital and she did such a good job! My hubby was in charge of recording the event and he accidentally hit pause when he was supposed to record and by the time he figured it out the recital was over! I was so sad! I hopefully can get a video of it from someone else that was there! Anyways, the parents at this little event went all out and had flowers and teddy bears and other items waiting for their girls when they got done.......we had nothing! What losers of parents we are! We decided to grab ice cream afterwards to celebrate and then Ava's grandma dropped by with some diva sunglasses so all turned out. I hope I get this video because she was the only one singing the whole song while dancing. I definitely need to get her in a singing group. Anybody know of one in AZ?

4 comments:

Teagan said...

where do you take Ava to dance... I dont know if we have ever talked about that before.

I turned around this morning and you guys were gone. I figured you were in a rush to get Ava feed and out the door for Preschool.
can you believe this was the last week of SC.... we are going to have to do another play date activity for the girls.

Alifinale said...

Well, it is a good thing you didn't get a video of it because no way did it beat Emery's stellar performance last year.

Seriously, she is a doll and I love that she sang through the whole thing.

Speaking of, Emery has been singing Ariel lately and it makes me think of Ava doing Karaoke. She rocks!

The Foisy's said...

She looks so gorgeous! How fun. You can just tell she is a little performer! You should get her into a singing group! Seriously, about the parents going all out with the bears and flowers, that's kind of lame. Sorry, but their kids are going to expect those things every time and all they're doing is creating little monsters! You did the right thing. Hope I don't offend anyone!That sucks about the recording! Next time for sure!

kristin said...

She looks so cute, and has the perfect pose!! I have had one or two experiences where i was empty handed and all the other kids got stuff- you feel awful, but kids are pretty resiliant- thank goodness!