Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Potty training child #2




These pics were taken today after an unfortunate event happened outside in the backyard, through his gray shorts, down his leg, and all over the back patio. I decided to grab the hose and spray him down.....and he liked it. I wish I could punish the kid, but he gives me the cutest little looks and I have heard it is bad to punish them when potty training? Yep, we are trying to potty train and it really isn't working out how I would like it. He thinks he can just go potty outside on the patio and then gives me a little smirk through the window when I discover what he did.....little punk! He also will run and hide behind a chair and just poop in his pants and then it wiggles out somewhere and then he tells me he pooped!!! Hello, go in the potty please!!! We have a potty chart, a little potty, treats every time he uses the potty, etc., but he still is having trouble. Any advice would be great because I am sick of cleaning up poop and pee around the house........HELP!!!!

8 comments:

The Dabo's said...

How old is he?

Chante said...

He is 3 years 1 month old. I know boys take longer, but I am wanting to get him potty trained, too because I have him signed up for preschool.....should I wait?

Alifinale said...

I am so sorry! I get it though, it would be hard to punish that cute face. I am no potty training expert but here are my only tricks. I took Emery to the store and had her pick out a big prize (dress up shoes) and if she went 3 days in a row without any accidents then she got the shoes. The other thing I did that I think helped was every time she had an accident I walked her through the entire house and in each room I showed her where the nearest bathroom was all while she was in her wet clothes. But ultimately, I was a really mean mom and yelled at her when she pooped her pants and I think I scared the poop out of her.

My friend went through this for 11 months with her boy and she finally tried the naked approach. You can read about it here if you like. Good luck. I will see if I can round up any other great ideas!

Coco said...

My little boy is also 3 and starting pre-school in Sept. Have to get him potty trained by then. My friend just emailed me a whole program that has worked for all of her kids. If you give me your email I'll send a copy to you. :)

Coco said...

Just found your email on FB and sent it to you. Hope it helps! :)

The Dabo's said...

Oh no he's plenty old enough. I just couldn't remember if he was still two. I did Liv at 2 and it was pure hell. Drew I waited until 2 years 9 months and he was a joy. BUT it's all in the personality. Drew was so easy because when he got two M&M's for going potty he loved it. Like he really cared. Liv couldn't care less for two M&Ms. So you have to find something he loves. For Drew, he wanted orange and blue M&M's so thats what I got. I don't use the baby toilets because then when we are out and about I have to re-teach him to use the big toilet so I just start with that one. And Drew was probably peeing standing up at 3 so maybe try that. Usually they think it's so fun. So just get a stool for him to stand on. He will be fine, I promise just stick with it and he'll get it!!! Just find that motivating tool!

The Foisy's said...

Oh my goodness. That's funny but extremely frustrating. I have to say, girls are super easy. Avery was so ready a little after her second b-day and she was a breeze! She did get in trouble when she had accidents because she knew what she was supposed to do. Then she learned it wasn't funny or okay and she should be a little embarrassed. Maybe he's liking the attention now that there's a new baby so he's doing it on purpose. Nip that in bud!

Becky said...

use a timer make him go every 20 mins.-- if he's not having accidents then let him go longer- like 40-60 mins. If he has accidents give him a cold shower- i know it sounds mean, but it works. My boys were potty trained before 3, so they're fully capable. My neighbors daughter refused to poop on the potty, so she did the vinegar & water-- 'sassy spray' and that worked for her. reward him when he does go-- we do peep parade to the candy jar. I've go my little guy that just turned 2 alomost trained, he just has to get the pee-ing down. I have guide i'll email u!