


Ava's 2nd first day......


Ava was so ready for all day kindergarten this year. I originally put her at a school just barely outside our boundaries because most of the kids she knew were going to that school because our ward is pretty much split between two schools. Anyways, when I went to meet the teacher night, I found out that Ava got the least liked teacher and I was disappointed as well. Plus, none of her friends were in her class. I still decided to keep her there and took her to her first day of school. I was sad to see her go. I was happy that she would be learning and knew she was totally ready, but I just didn't feel right about the teacher or something. So, I was tormented by it all morning and couldn't stand it any longer and called the school closest to our boundaries and asked to sign her up. So, right when Ava got out of school I drove her straight over to the other school still unsure of what I was doing. I decided to try walking around the school to get a feel for it and then decided to walk in the office to see if we could meet any of the kindergarten teachers. Well, right when I walked in the principal happened to be right there and introduced herself and she was super nice. Then, they all seemed to know who I was when I walked in and said Ava could have the teacher I requested! So, the principal offered to walk me to her class to meet her. Right when we met the teacher it was seriously a night and day difference on how nice she was! Seriously, the cutest lady! Her voice reminds me of Kristin Chenoweth. Anyways, all the kindergarten teachers happened to be in her room and so I was able to meet all of them and they all were so sweet and nice, but I really liked the teacher we got. Anyways, this school is so adorable. They received an A+ excellence award and right after the first bell rings to line up they play music throughout the overhead speakers outside and then eventually do announcements.....and a lot of the schools here in AZ are outdoor meaning they have classrooms indoor, but walking to each classroom/area they got outside and there is a main common area. Anyways, I am so happy I made the change and feel sooo much better about it. Plus, she does have a few friends at the school and we found out this new boy she met last year is in her class....(he actually kissed her cheek in the spring)...kinda freaked me out....I think he likes her a little too much. So, all in all it turned out great.....we just have to wake up so much earlier than the other school...this one starts at 7:45 where the other one started at 8:25. No more sleeping in for me!!!
3 comments:
You are the cutest mom. I am so glad you got it worked out and that you like her new teacher. I can't believe she is in kindergarten. What a big girl!
Isn't it great when things just work out like that! What a good mom you are! Missed you at the reunion, hopefully I can see you sometime soon!
She is adorable! Can't believe she's in kindergarten!! Motherly instincts are the best! Good for you to check into everything! Now you will both be a lot happier. Crazy that you have a kid in school! Wish I could see you soon!
Post a Comment