Thursday, February 10, 2011

Happy birthday to my hubby!


So my husband's birthday fell on the superbowl this year. We went out to Charleston's Saturday night and enjoyed their yummy croissants.



So, Sunday I wanted to make everything homemade and special for my hubbies b-day. I made him of course his favorite, Tres Leches cake, but then decided I needed to make more. So, I made some hi hat cupcakes found in the cupcakes book and also Martha Stewart. They were a little tricky, but they totally turned out!


Looks like a dairy queen dipped cone, right?




The above two pics are some yummy lion house rolls. Yep, I made them and they totally turned out! Rolls have been my challenge and they never turn out right for me, but when I finally tried the lion house roll recipe they turned out beautiful, don't you think.....and yes I did feel silly taking pics of my rolls before and after....I was proud.



All the yummy desserts...too bad my hi hat cupcakes were practically inedible. The little ones in the pic were good because I just used chocolate frosting, but the big dipped ones I cut into and the frosting had too much of an almond taste and is was a little gritty. Too bad....next time I will not add almond extract like the recipe calls for and I will make sure to dissolve the sugar better so it doesn't turn out gritty! The looks of the cupcakes were the best and that is all the matters for me.....at least I was able to achieve that!


And, I had to add in this pic of Cole watching the superbowl. Love this kid.....


Happy Birthday to my cute hubby! We love you!

6 comments:

The Dabo's said...

Very impressive Chante! I have a box of lion house rolls in the pantry but the directions seemed so hard. Is that what you used? A box? Anyways Happy Birthday to your husband!

Chante said...

Nope, I made the rolls from scratch. There is a little video online that shows you how to roll out the dough and cut it and shape them, so that helped....

OUR WILD ZOO! said...

yummmmmm....i need that recipe!

LOVE your cute pics of the kids- and happy birthday to the hubster too ;0) Hope the kiddos are feeling better, we missed you on Wed.

The Foisy's said...

Ok yum! All of that looks so good! I use to be afraid of rolls too but my grandma gave me a cook book when I got married and one day I just dove in so I make them all the time now. I never buy frozen one anymore so yay on those tasty rolls! I want those cupcakes! Good job!

Suzanne said...

I have to say I am super impressed! You've also made me want to make Tres Leches...is it hard? Happy belated B-day Briant!

R Family said...

You did a great job! It was so yummy! Lucy already misses Brecon