Monday, April 2, 2012

March activities, Cole's birthday, St. Patty's day....


Hiking at Hole in the Rock by the Zoo


Cole was not too thrilled about not being held....he was a big grump....




Silly kids that love each other (most of the time).

Afterwards we fed some ducks and threw rocks in the pond.....this was a favorite for Cole...



Cole's 2 year old birthday party

Okay, so I had all these plans for an awesome balloon party since Cole LOVES balloons. I mean, give the kid a balloon and he is happy for hours. So, I researched all about it via Pinterest and some other great ideas. I bought a billion balloons, made a cute pop the balloon pinata board with candy and a number in each balloon for the kids, and had this vision of balloons everywhere that the kids could run and play in.....let the story unfold from here......

Happy 2 year old boy...oblivious to what is happening around him...

He actually fell just as we arrived to the park and skinned his knee up really bad...that is why he is squeezing his left leg in the above pic....he actually cried forever and had to be held....thank goodness grandma Bobby was there to help!

We started off with Pizza and the biggest wind storm ever. Keep in mind, earlier in the day it was perfect weather with NO wind. So, plates, cups, drinks were spilling everywhere....balloons flew away, pinata board tipped over and popped the majority of the balloons, and the little papers and candy were everywhere.....so that game was pretty much ruined....we still had a few balloons on the board to spare, but I got no pictures because to say the least it was a little stressful and a lot frustrating since Briant and I took forever making the board.....

This game was the favorite! Especially Cole's favorite. We filled a bunch of water balloons ahead of time and they had to throw the balloon into buckets. Cole was first and never stopped even if it was someone else's turn. Everyone just let him go back and forth because he was the birthday boy and could do whatever he wanted!

Cole's big gift from Mom and Dad! Thank goodness for Grandpa helping out on putting the whole thing together.....apparently there are a lot of pieces and a lot of work involved.

I made delicious balloon cupcakes with the yummiest frosting. I will have to post the recipe sometime, but it is for sure a keeper. I saw the dum dum sucker idea on Pinterest and thought it was perfect for a balloon party.

Love those eyes!

Happy Birthday 2 year old!!!


Cole has been a typical 2 year old, getting into everything, curious as ever, and still the fastest runner you will see. At his doctor's visit, he has completely turned around and is now in the 50th percentile in weight and around the 73rd percentile in height. He is eating a ton now and has not had any breathing issues recently. He is one healthy happy boy thank goodness! We love our 2 year old!



Phoenix Zoo


The kids love petting the stingray's. They could probably spend forever there. We have hit the zoo a bunch this year already and have had so much fun.

Train ride!



St. Patrick's day

Yummy green eggs...the kids actually loved them....I was a little turned off by them and had no appetite. Why is it that the color of something could make me not want it?

Cole had like 3rds.....he loved them and in the past has really not been much of an egg eater...

Ava wanted to pose for the camera and wanted me to take pictures of her putting it into her mouth etc.. She is one funny girl...

St. Patty's day parade! The green horse is always there!



March has been fun....it is definitely getting hotter. During our spring break we were able to swim a few times, go to the zoo, and just relax and play with friends. March is my favorite time of year because the citrus tree blossoms bloom, and the air smells so good. We get to have BBQ's and spend time at the park before it gets too hot! Happy Spring!

1 comment:

The Dabo's said...

Wind is my enemy! I swear it ruins everything! The party still looked fun and cute though!