Wednesday, September 21, 2011

18 months

This little man is 18 months! Yes, I now have freedom at church and can actually listen to the lessons! Here are his stats:


Weight: 21 lbs 12oz (now back on the charts at 3%)
Height: 33 1/4 inches (75%)

We have been to the GI doc to check out why he is so underweight and he recommended an endoscopy, which I was against....I didn't want to have him go under anesthesia again and get poked and prodded. And, the only reason why they were going to do an endoscopy was to check for "allergy cells". If he were to have allergy cells they would have sent me to an allergist which would have been a ton of tests which always turn out false positive anyways. I figured I would just wait and see if he gets more symptoms of supposed allergies to something. I think right now he is just an extremely picky eater. Seriously, any food I give to him he usually dumps it on the floor....which is extremely frustrating. The above pic of him is him eating mac and cheese noodles which I made original mac and cheese for the other two kids, which Cole doesn't like, so I opted to put spaghetti sauce on the noodles in hopes he will eat it!! Turns out he just likes to play with it and put it EVERYWHERE! No fun for me!! We are still working on the eating issues, but right now he has pediasure three times a day to try to keep his calories up!

Some things about Cole right now:

He loves watching Super Why! He likes Elmo, but will walk away from it.....Super Why....never. Also we will find him all the time in Brec's room watching Blue's Clues on his little TV. He even puts in the tape and turns on the show himself. He could sit in front of that for hours too. He is talking a lot too. He says bubble, happy, momma, dada, aya (ava), was that (what's that)....all the time to everything!! He also says, apple, baba, uh oh, ooww, sanks (thanks), pease (please), sisss (cheese), tssis (teeth...when he wants to brush his teeth), ello (hello), eyes (while pointing to his ears...), eieio, duck (stuck).....he gets stuck a lot, wow, hot, hat, weee, pee pee, poo poo, baby and probably a few others I missed.

He is super adorable and fun and loves to pretend sing and dance and is such a happy little guy. Whenever we go somewhere and get out of the car he always says dada thinking we are meeting up with him. Super cute....and whenever he comes home he runs to him saying dada, dada and has to be held by him. Cole is super independent and does not like his hand held. He likes to be free and will purposely run away from us. He is also super fast and always has been. He was a fast crawler and an even faster walker/runner. It scares me because half the time he is going faster than his legs can carry him, but he usually seems to handle the speed. I think that is where all his calories are going! Anyways, I can't kiss this kid enough and love all the funny faces he pulls. He has such a funny personality and are glad we have him!

2 comments:

The Dabo's said...

He so cute! And I still think his weight is fine. Alex is our horrible eater and he's big. Drew is our awesome eater and he is small. They are what they are.

Coco said...

He is adorable! And he still looks healthy. But I totally understand the whole feeding issue. We struggled for 2 years with that, and I had all kinds of *not very nice* pressure on me to do things I didn't feel comfortable with as a mom. My best advice is to follow what YOU feel. You are his mom, and therefore YOU are the ONLY ONE who will know what is right for him. I don't have it in front of me, but there's a conference quote along the lines of "the purest form of revelation is that of a righteous mother in behalf of her children." Seriously, YOU are the one who will know what to do. Good luck and hugs.